Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while (

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Bahadur Singh <bahadursingh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while (
Date: 2004-12-14 13:40:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Bahadur Singh wrote:
> Finally I am able to force the driver to do the DEBUG
> level output on the console.
>
> err.zip contains Debug level output.

OK, it looks like it is the connection deadlock issue, but triggered by
a case I hadn't considered. For some reason every query in the batch is
creating a new named statement on the backend .. and the statement
cleanup process that happens before query execution is flooding
statement Close commands down the connection on the second batch
execution, which appears to deadlock the connection. The exact behaviour
will be fairly unpredicatable as it depends on when the JVM does garbage
collection.

I will try to find some time to investigate this properly tomorrow.

-O