Install pgsql directory

From: "Jimmie H(dot) Apsey" <japsey(at)futuredental(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Install pgsql directory
Date: 2004-12-07 21:12:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I got a server from DELL which contained a Red Hat Linux AS 3 in the box.

It contained no postgresql server which I got from an earlier link,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2003-11/msg00368.php
When I did rpm of everything I end up with a non-working postgresql.
This may be because there is no /usr/local/pgsql directory.

How/what do I need to do to get the directory structure wherein resides
the database data.

Thank you,