Re: tool for postgresql

From: Johan Wehtje <joweht(at)tpgi(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Gevik Babakhani <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: "'Nageshwar Rao'" <NageshwarR(at)PLANETASIA(dot)COM>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tool for postgresql
Date: 2004-11-29 10:39:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Pgadmin is very good, PhpPgAdmin (phppgadmin.sourceforge.net) is a very
capable Webbased tool if you have PHP +Apache. Both tools are OS. Both
allow Table/Database/View creation, Drop, browse, alter and arbitary
query creation.

I use both as well as EMS-Hitech's PgManager and PgUtils
(ems-hitech.com). For most adminstrative tasks the OS solutions suffice,
but if you need the feature set of MSSQL Server Enterprise manager +
you need to deal with getting data into and out of Access Databases,
Excel sheets and other Windows ADO compliant datasources quickly and
frequently EMS has a (somewhat pricey) solution.

Cheers
Johan Wehtje