Re: "Stretchy" vs. Fixed-width

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "Stretchy" vs. Fixed-width
Date: 2004-11-21 18:56:18
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>> Add www.microsoft.com to the list of variable ones :-)
>

> 'k, you do realize that mentioning microsoft *really* doesn't work in
> "variable-widths" favor, eh? :)

Although I appreciate the humor, Microsoft is actually a good example.
Yes they are considered by
many as "the Enemy". However they are widely respected even amongst
people who hate them as marketing genuises.
A website although primarily a tool, it is primarily a marketing tool.

Something to think about :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services
> (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ:
> 7615664

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 285 bytes