Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!

From: Shridhar Daithankar <ghodechhap(at)ghodechhap(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!
Date: 2004-11-19 07:07:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:

> I'm also wondering about Asia. Unlike Europe, SE Asia (at least) does not
> tend to share common "second lanugages" so I'm wondering if recommending a
> contact in Japan or India is any better than recommending no contact at all.

English is no problem in India. Anybody who can send mail knows english enough.
Funnily, if it wasn't the english, we would have real trouble getting across
without additional language education.

AFAIK, there wouldn't be more than 0.5% people who write non-english emails. So
it is OK.

So far as spoken communication, English+Hindi is usually good enough.

Shridhar