Re: Interaction between Free Space Map an alternate location

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interaction between Free Space Map an alternate location
Date: 2004-11-18 19:46:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

Ok, so the global part of the fsm is just that it is in shared memory.
If certain databases have more
free space they will simply take up more of the fsm. There is no cross
database movement of tuples.
( I realized this when I tried to form my next question)

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com