Re: IBM VisualAge Smalltalk, ODBC, 8.0 Beta 4 and retrieving

From: Gary Doades <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Marten Feldtmann <M(dot)Feldtmann(at)t-online(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IBM VisualAge Smalltalk, ODBC, 8.0 Beta 4 and retrieving
Date: 2004-11-15 21:06:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Marten Feldtmann wrote:
> I tried them (7.3.2.0 - both legazy and unicode-beta) and they do not
> even get loaded -
> both VAST and OpenOffice give the same error:
>
> SQL-Status: IM003
> Error-Code: 160

There should be three drivers that install with the 7.3.2.0 installer

PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL Legacy
PostgreSQL Unicode (beta)

You should use the first one for maximum stability. I have never had any
problems with this driver. (Windows XP SP2 using .NET (C#)).

The error you are getting sounds more like a general ODBC driver
mananger issue, not specifically with PostgreSQL drivers.

Can you use any other ODBC driver for any database other than PostgreSQL?

Error IM003: "(DM) The driver listed in the data source specification in
system information was not found or could not be connected to for some
other reason."

Are you sure there are no other psqlodbc.dll copies on your system? The
8.0.02 drivers install into Program Files... while the 7.3.2.0 install
into Windows\System32

Cheers,
Gary.