Re: Unicode problem inserting records - Invalid UNICODE character

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: David B <postgresql(at)thegatelys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unicode problem inserting records - Invalid UNICODE character
Date: 2004-11-12 08:18:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

David B wrote:
> show client_encoding gives:
> UNICODE
>
> databases reads:
> DATABASE OWNER ENCODING

OK - with the same settings here, I start psql and do:
\i unicode_import_test.txt

I get:
CREATE TABLE
---------
AAA
À È Ð Ø
ZZZ
(3 rows)

In case this gets garbled by my email, the middle line contains four
accented characters, with accents as follows: A` E` D- O/

Actually, this doesn't display properly in my usual terminal (konsole
under KDE) but does under xterm.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd

Attachment Content-Type Size
unicode_import_test.txt text/plain 113 bytes