Re: Proposal for Recover mode in pg_ctl (in 8.0)

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for Recover mode in pg_ctl (in 8.0)
Date: 2004-11-07 01:03:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was thinking that even mildly experienced folks could benefit from a
helpful sanity check. Typically the need to recover a system never comes
at a good time, and features that help prevent silly mistakes are a
great stress saver.

As an aside, while testing recovery during pre beta, I think I probably
"forgot" to put in a recovery.conf about 1 time in 10. Now I was using a
small database cluster tar'ed up in /tmp, so no big deal, but if it had
been a 100G beast that had to come off tape ....

regards

Mark