Re: pgAdmin III v1.2 Beta-3: Problem with "alter

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Gary Doades <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III v1.2 Beta-3: Problem with "alter
Date: 2004-10-27 18:05:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

Gary Doades wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2004 at 13:48, Andreas Pflug wrote:
>

> I can't reproduce the exact bug described, but there is some pretty
> strange behaviour. Unless I am using it wrong.
>
> If I click in the list of users/goups at the top of the dialog, the dropdown
> list below changes to reflect the selection and all works OK. If I change
> the dropdown, the listbox above is not changed to reflect the selection
> so I don't know what I am changing, the one in the top list or the one in
> the dropdown combo.

This is by design, you're changing what's in the combobox or below. If
it matches something in the listbox, it will replace that when
Add/change is clicked.

> If you type "public " (without quotes, note the space after public) you
> will get a new line for public<space> This could get very confusing.

Originally intended, the user might enter any user name here, not only
those from the combobox which might have suppressed user names. OTOH, I
agree it seems error prone, so I'll change that.

> It's possible that some combination of unsynchonised behaviour that we
> can't reproduce could result in Walter's problem, but it's a bit obscure.

I suspect there's *something* he didn't tell us so far, since he's
experiencing this on more than one system. Can't imagine what...

Regards,
Andreas