Re: configuring pg_hba.conf file

From: Trevor Dennis <tdennis(at)trevordennis(dot)com>
To: Jagdish rao <aquajags(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configuring pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2004-10-27 16:52:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Jagdish,

You shouldn't be listing each IP address in the file. If you want a
specific IP address then the netmask should have been 255.255.255.255 to
indicate that all octets are required for the address comparison.

For your subnet you should have an IP subnet of 192.168.0.0 and a
netmask of 255.255.255.0. This netmask says that only the first three
octets should be compared and the last one can be anything.

Trev.