Re: problems with the ODBC driver

From: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Daniel Lerch <daniel(at)mountainmeasurement(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems with the ODBC driver
Date: 2004-10-26 18:08:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Help us to understand,...
not getting any sort of ODBC link in the control panel???

please confirm
From Control Panel you chose Administrative Tools
From Administrative Tools you selected Data Sources (ODBC)
In the window that appears you selected the System DSN, User DSN, or
File DSN tab
You select the button to Add... a new data source name.
In the list that appears, you do not see PostgreSQL or any similar choice.

Daniel Lerch wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem as below (I installed an ODBC driver,
> but I'm not getting any sort of ODBC link in my Control Panel like my
> book (Stones & Matthew, "Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL", 2001)
> says I should).
> I'm a total newbie to this, though, so I just assumed I did something
> wrong.
> I'm running WinXP Professional, and I downloaded and installed
> 'psqlodbc-07_02_0005.zip'
> from 'gborg.postgresql.org'
>
> And, like I said, I'm getting nothing on 'Control Panel'. According
> to my 'Add & Remove Programs' tool, though, it _is_ installed. What
> do I need to do?
>
> Please help - I don't know how to move forward, and I'm getting a
> headache from banging my head against the monitor.
>
> -d

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 283 bytes