Possible Bug

From: "Elvis E(dot) Henríquez A(dot)" <elvish(at)cantv(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Possible Bug
Date: 2004-10-23 18:53:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi. I titled my mail Possible Bug, because I'm not sure if this is a bug.

I downloaded the latest version of PgAdminIII (1.2.0 Beta 3 October 18,
2004), running on Windows XP Pro SP2 (Spanish) and I have been working
using the Spanish (es_ES) Language connecting to a Linux server which
has the following Version String: "PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on
i386-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC i386-redhat-linux-gcc (GCC) 3.2.2
20030213 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2.2-1".

It works great, but it takes about 30 or 40 seconds to connect to this
server. I was thinking it was due to this new version handles a newer
versions of PGSQL, including verion 8, but this morning I took my PC and
connected to another Linux server with similar hardware characteristics
but the same PostgreSQL and Linux versions (both servers were configured
by the same person using the same CD) but the connection to that server
is normal, as it was for me using PgAdminIII 1.0.2. Both networks work
with a hub at 100X.

Which could be the problem connecting to the first server (The main I
use to connect to) ??

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Elvis E. Henríquez A.