Re: Crash condition

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Virgil Frum <virgil(at)livius(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crash condition
Date: 2004-10-22 17:44:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

Virgil Frum wrote:
> pgAdmin3 ver. 1.2.0 Post-Beta (oct 16 2004)
>
> Steps to follow in edit grid:
> 1. Change value of an arbitrary column on last row then click on the same
> row but different column so row is not updated ('Save[d] changed row.'
> button is enabled).
> 2. Select previous row (n-1) and last row.
> 3. Press Delete button
> 4. Click 'Saved changed row.' button and pgadmin3 will crash.
>
> If at step 2 will select only last row, pgadmin3 won't crash but last empty
> line (labeled *) will contain 'changed' row after step 4, row deleted at
> step 3. Generalizing, crashing can be reproduced if selection is made from
> x-1 to n where x is number of 'changed' row and n number of last row.

We have two problems here:
- When selecting a row while entering data, leaving the edit mode isn't
detected. I have a fix for that.

- The official wxGrid method to retrieve the rows selected returns
nonsense, so deleting the last non-stored row can't be prohibited. I'll
have to dig deeper into that.

Regards,
Andreas