Re: files ending with .1 or .2

From: Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing(at)vulcanus(dot)its(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Leonardo Francalanci <lfrancalanci(at)simtel(dot)ie>
Cc: postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: files ending with .1 or .2
Date: 2004-10-20 08:10:02
Lists: pgsql-general

When a data file for a specific table (or index?) is larger than 1GB,
its split up in several parts. This is probably a left over from the
time OSs used to have problems with large files.

The file name, that number, is the OID of the table afaik. And the
postfix is of course the number in the order of parts.

Best regards,

Arjen