Re: mailing list offer

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-10-19 17:52:56
Lists: pgsql-www

> I figured I would put together a small dual opteron with an SATA array...
>
> We are fond of mailman but will use anything the project desires.

Would mailman be sufficient? It seems to offer the most versatility.
Besides it uses our preferred language (python) :)

>> The other initial main thought is... what kind of hours of support can
>> we expect? Like, if something fails at 1am, can we ring someone
>> who'll be able to look into it in a decent timeframe and have the
>> ability to get it resolved (within reason of course).
>

> I would provide my cell phone to appropriate responsible parties and
> other on-call numbers when needed.

To be more clear on this. If there was a problem during business hours
you can always call the office. We are PST and a tech is always
answering the phone (we don't have an answering service or anything).

For after hours stuff, I would provide an after hours call. Basically I
would treat this just like I treat our managed services, which means you
get 24x7 support.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes