Re: A solution to the SSL customizing problem

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Ulrich Meis <kenobi(at)halifax(dot)rwth-aachen(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A solution to the SSL customizing problem
Date: 2004-10-14 00:43:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Ulrich Meis wrote:

> 3. a new abstract class
>
> abstract PGSSLHandler extends SSLSocketFactory {
>
> public void setPGURL(String url_no_parameters);
> public void setPGargs(String args);
>
> }

You don't need this class. Just require that the named factory class
implements SSLSocketFactory and has a ctor that takes two Strings.

Otherwise it looks fine. I wouldn't worry about the DataSource piece for
the moment.. if you have the ability to pass args to the constructed
class via a URL or properties file it is less of an issue.

-O