Re: Time at end of transaction

From: Phil Endecott <spam_from_postgresql_general(at)chezphil(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time at end of transaction
Date: 2004-10-13 22:56:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks to Patrick and Richard for pointing out timeofday(); I was
imagining that I'd have to do some server-side-code magic to get that.

But I'm still hoping that someone will have a better solution - using
this I still need a near-global lock between setting the timestamps and
committing the transaction. Surely last-modified timestamps and
cache-refreshing are being used all over the place...

Regards,

--Phil.