Re: Level of replication support?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: nd02tsk(at)student(dot)hig(dot)se
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Level of replication support?
Date: 2004-10-13 18:08:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

There are two heavily supported and active replication projects.

1. Slony - http://www.slony.info
2. Mammoth Replicator - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Slony is Open Source and uses triggers and a replication schema to
replicate data.

Mammoth Replicator is commercial and uses a transaction log and a master
control process to replicate data.

Slony replicates data every (10?) transactions.
Mammoth Replicator replicates every transaction.

Mammoth is older than Slony and backed by my company Command Prompt, Inc.

Neither is slated to be "integrated" with PostgreSQL as they are both
good products that serve different purposes.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

nd02tsk(at)student(dot)hig(dot)se wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am going to do a comparison betweem PgSQL and MySQL replication system.
>
> I hear there are some replication projects available for PgSQL. Which are
> still active and serious, because I hear that some are not active or
> incomplete?
>
> Will any of these projects be merged with PgSQL soon?
>
> I appreciate all information.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Tim

Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes