Playing with new design

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Playing with new design
Date: 2004-10-13 13:13:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

I uploaded the new templates to http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/

The changes
1) Elephant head in logo is bigger, "PostgreSQL" is written in one color;
2) Bigger page font (the previous one was to small for my tastes);
3) Headings hued red to make them stand out a bit;
4) Changed news and events list output.

I didn't yet commit the changes, please tell me whether I should.

BTW, someone *really* should go over the texts on the site. The "related
projects" page (http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/related.html or
http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/about/related) has among other things
the following:

For encrypted postgresql connections, Brett McCormick
(brett-public(at)speakeasy(dot)org) has made a patch for PostgreSQL version
6.3.2 using SSL. Visit his info page for more information.

Isn't it *a bit* dated?..