Re: OS not good for database

From: David Siebert <david(at)eclipsecat(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OS not good for database
Date: 2004-10-12 20:54:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I have downloaded it but it comes with no docs that I can find.
No docs directory nothing.
There are also people that have PHPNuke running with Postgres but that
is also lacking in docs.
I really do not fault Postgres or the developers for this. I will say
that I feel that is why MySQL is gets a lot more press than Postgres. I
really like using Postgres and I even wrote our call center app using it
as the back end. The program does not store the audio but it a super
call back list. It also handle our RMAs and tracks unresolved support
questions. It only handles about 100,000 calls a year but postgres has
never lost a call and the server keeps chugging away.