[Fwd: Re: misc/72498: Libc timestamp code on jailed SMP machine generates incorrect results]

From: Justin Clift <jc(at)telstra(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Uwe Doering <gemini(at)geminix(dot)org>, freebsd-gnats-submit(at)FreeBSD(dot)org
Subject: [Fwd: Re: misc/72498: Libc timestamp code on jailed SMP machine generates incorrect results]
Date: 2004-10-12 00:47:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi guys,

Following up on the bug I posted the other day about incorrect
timestamps, the FreeBSD team are wondering if it might be caused by
conflicting PostgreSQL instances in different FreeBSD jails on the same
host machine.

However, we've noticed no other problems with this configuration over
the last several and I was under the impression this is a fairly common
scenario.

Is anyone able to verify or deny that PostgreSQL instances in different
jails (each with their own IP address) will not corrupt each other? I'm
aware they allocate shared memory from a "global pool" of it as made
available on the host system, but have been under the impression
PostgreSQL is coded to not corrupt in this kind of situation.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift