Re: Cannot connect to postgresql 7.4.2

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Virgil Frum <virgil(at)netappi(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to postgresql 7.4.2
Date: 2004-10-11 14:49:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

Virgil Frum wrote:
>>Hm, I don't see too much either.
>>Is that my win32 snapshot? Do you have a stack trace (Dr.Watson)?
>

> Binary size (less than previous version): 5.500.928 bytes

The reason is that we now use libpq dynamically linked. The libpq
packaged in that zip should work with both pgAdmin and pg_dump/pg_restore.

OK, I found out what's happening. I've been testing with the correct
versions from
http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/snapshots/postgresql/libs-win32-20040927.zip
but my distribution batch copied older versions.

Please download that zip, replace the dlls and try again. This will
hopefully fix the problem; I'll upload a corrected snapshot tonight.

Regards,
Andreas