Re: Avoiding explicit addDataType calls for PostGIS

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Markus Schaber <schabios(at)logi-track(dot)com>
Cc: PostGreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Avoiding explicit addDataType calls for PostGIS
Date: 2004-10-07 10:31:25
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Markus Schaber wrote:

> Is the opposite problem possible? I think of the driver class loader be
> able to reach the driver extension, but not the user code class loader.

That seems unlikely; it'd only happen if you had user code that did not
contain any references to the extension classes. If there are no
references to the extensions, how does the user code use the returned
objects? Reflection, or a common superclass shared by both classloaders,
seem like the only options.

It's also debatable whether the driver should even allow user code to
cause loading and instantiation of classes that the user code would not
otherwise be able to access..

-O