Re: vaccumdb fails saying function unaccent(text) doesn't exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: greg1457 <greg1457(at)protonmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: vaccumdb fails saying function unaccent(text) doesn't exist
Date: 2021-04-16 17:11:07
Lists: pgsql-general

greg1457 <greg1457(at)protonmail(dot)com> writes:
> I migrated an postgresql instance from 9.5.4 to 9.5.21.
> Unaccent extension is installed in the database, in "application" schema.

> Since this migration, when i do a vaccumdb, i obtain an error :

> vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "application" failed: ERROR: function unaccent(text) does not exist
> LINE 2: SELECT lower(unaccent($1));

This is probably a search_path problem. You've got an index expression
somewhere with a SQL function that is not being careful about which
schema(s) to look for "unaccent()" in. There were security fixes to
restrict the search path that VACUUM/ANALYZE runs with, which breaks
functions that aren't careful about that.