Re: Bug with updateable Views and inherited tables?

From: Sebastian Böck <sebastianboeck(at)freenet(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug with updateable Views and inherited tables?
Date: 2004-10-02 10:18:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sebastian_B=F6ck?= <sebastianboeck(at)freenet(dot)de> writes:
>
>>Is this a known limitation with views, rules and
>>inherited tables i haven't heard of? Or is it a bug?
>

> When you haven't shown us any details, it's impossible to tell.
> Let's see the actual table, view, and rule definitions. (pg_dump -s
> output would be good.)

Since my first attempt to send this message seems to be caught
by spamfilters, i'll repost it.

Sorry for the delay.
I investigated a little bit further and can be more precisely
about the whole thing. This (wrong) behaviour only occurs, if
the view has an order by clause.

To repoduce, simply run the attached script.

Sebastian

Attachment Content-Type Size
bug.sql text/plain 1.3 KB