Re: \n converted to \r\n

From: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Amir Zicherman <amir(dot)zicherman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: \n converted to \r\n
Date: 2004-10-01 17:50:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

If you are using a sufficiently up-to-date windows machine, you can make
the tools available on it tell you. I'm not sure if this requires VB or
Studio,.. but here goes.

1.Create a DSN entry to your database.

2. On your desktop create a new file -- text if fine.
3. Save or Rename the file to test.udl -- don't worry when it barks
about changing the file extension or association.
4. Right click on test.udl and choose open. It will open a wizard to
help you form an datasource connection string. You may have to choose
that you wish to use connection string. All the options available to
your ODBC driver will be placed into a string.

When the wizard is complete, open the udl file with notepad -- or drag
and drop it onto a Notepad shortcut to open it.

To your specific question the option parameter is
LFConversion=0 for no
LFConversion=1 for yes

Amir Zicherman wrote:

>Hi, thax for your help. Took me a while to see where the
>configuration options are because i'm not using a DSN. I then put in
>a DSN to see if it comes with configuration options and found what you
>guys were talking about. If i'm just using a connection string in my
>code, is there any way to configure this option? My code needs to be
>more generic than to rely on me settign up DSNs for each database i
>want to connect to. This is what i'm using to connect in the code:
>
>"DRIVER={" + DB_DRIVER +
> "};DATABASE=" + dbName_ +
> ";SERVER=" + dbIP_ +
> ";PORT=" + dbPort_ +
> ";UID=" + dbUser_ +
> ";PWD=" + dbPassword_;
>
>thanx, amir
>

>On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:10:10 +0100, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 283 bytes