Re: output branches before infinite recursion using connectby()?

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Zhenchang Xing <xing(at)cs(dot)ualberta(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: output branches before infinite recursion using connectby()?
Date: 2004-09-30 22:56:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zhenchang Xing wrote:
> is it possible to output the branches before the detection of infinite
> recursion when using connectby()?

It is possible if you patch the distributed source ;-)

Not heavily tested, but the attached patch against 7.4 seems to do the
trick for me. I'm not really sure I'd want this in the distribution
though -- anyone else with opinions?

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
tablefunc-inf-rec.1.patch text/x-patch 1.8 KB