Re: [pgsql-advocacy] web code update

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>, Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] web code update
Date: 2004-09-30 16:58:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

>>Oh, please don't. As an open source project we need the mailing list
>>link as visible as possible, just like any other open source project.
>>

> I think we should promote our mailing lists over the commercial
> companies, but I also think we need to integrate the commercial company
> list into the main site instead of keeping it "hidden" on techdocs. I'll
> see if I can work something up.

IMHO on the page it should say something like:

Community Support:
Mailing Lists
pgsql-general
pgsql-hackers
etc...
Docs

Commercial Support:
Command Prompt, Inc.
Agliodbs
PgSQL, Inc.

etc....

I do believe mailing lists should be first as that is the first line of
defense. If a person calls Command Prompt, they pay money (which is
good) but it is better if they checked the lists first.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Robert Treat

Attachment Content-Type Size