Re: web code update

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: web code update
Date: 2004-09-29 22:08:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Hi,

Robert Treat wrote:
> Hey Alexy,

That's "Alexey", note the extra "e".

> can we get an update of where things are on the new web code, including
> if all of your current work is checked in? perhaps we could scramble up
> some todo items that folks could do via cvs to help you out?

All the stuff which is on http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ is checked in.

I am considering doing some cosmetic changes to the design (like a bigger logo
and bigger font), but that'll be only on the next week.

As I already said several times, I need someone with a "fresh eye" to go over
the current site and write down the differences with the beta one.

What's left is essentially the texts for the website. I suggest doing two big
pages for "Support" and "Download". The "Support" page will list all support
options, including commercial ones and only then point to mailing lists. The
"Download" page will describe the stuff that is on the FTP mirrors and mention
major add-ons to PostgreSQL that are not. Only then will it point to FTP mirror
selection.

I also need the *official* slogan and the *official* welcome text.

Of course, one may consider writing a more verbose "About" page as well:
http://alexey.beta.postgresql.org/about/

The changes to the texts may be directly commited to the pgweb module, if there
are questions on templates, I'll gladly answer them.

I'm Cc:'ing this to advocacy, since there may be interested people there...