DB Install Problem

From: balajisundar(at)midascomm(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: sree(at)midascomm(dot)com
Subject: DB Install Problem
Date: 2007-07-06 06:58:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear all,

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.8-1
Operating system: Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 3)
After installing the OS which includes the pg database installation, we
install our application in which we create a database - mydb - with some
tables and populate it.
(Using create database/function/table and insert commands)

The output and error stream of this installation process is redirected to
a log file.

Rarely we see that after our application installation, mydb is not present
and there is nothing Suspicious in the logfiles.

We have seen this problem in CentOS 4.4 [PostgreSQL 7.4.13-2] and RH 7.2
[PostgreSQL 7.1.3 ] also.

This happens very rarely like one in every 20 installation suffers from
this problem.

This gets resolved if on the same PC the installation is done again.

Any pointers to where the problem could be?

Thanks in advance
-S.Balaji