Re: DB Install Problem

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB Install Problem
Date: 2007-07-06 14:52:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

This doesn't look like a bug to me, and should probably be taken up
on -general or something. Nevertheless,

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 12:28:59PM +0530, balajisundar(at)midascomm(dot)com wrote:
> The output and error stream of this installation process is redirected to
> a log file.

Since you don't show us any of this, it's pretty hard to know.

> Rarely we see that after our application installation, mydb is not present
> and there is nothing Suspicious in the logfiles.

Define "Suspicious". I'd be looking for an error after `initdb mydb`.
Aside from that, I'd suspect your script. It's nothing like any
actual PostgreSQL bug I've ever heard of. Also, I note that one of
your systems is Pg 7.1. Upgrade that _right now_. Don't use it.

This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
--Dennis Ritchie