Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta2 compile error with Sun CC.

From: Mark Round <mark(at)markround(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta2 compile error with Sun CC.
Date: 2004-09-24 15:33:25
Lists: pgsql-ports

>We heard about this before, but the previous complainant didn't answer
>the obvious followup question: which versions of Solaris will fail if we
>change it to ".section"? Or more to the point, how can we #ifdef the
>code so that this works on all Solaris versions?

Hi,

If it is changed to ".section", any SunOS 4.1.x -based (pre-1992) system
will fail to compile it.

I am guessing here (not a programmer), but as the ".seg" pseudo-op was a
SunOS 4.1.x construct, you could probably check for a 5.x version of
SunOS, and in which case, set the lines to ".section". I am not sure
what the appropriate #ifdef lines should look like, but will try to find
out for you.

-Mark