Does Postgresql 8.3X support Object/Class Methods and association between objects with REF?

From: Robson Fidalgo <robson(dot)fidalgo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does Postgresql 8.3X support Object/Class Methods and association between objects with REF?
Date: 2009-04-20 12:05:22
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Hello,
I am study the relational-object paradigm with postgresql 8.3X and I know
that it supports composite and/or array attributes. However, I didn't find
documentation/examples about the usage of Object/Class Methods and
association between objects with REF (like oracle does). Then, I'd like to
know if theses concepts (Method and REF) are supported by postgresql 8.3X?
I've searched the mailing lists and have found little about the OR features.
There is some book or URL with a good material about postgres 8.3 OR
features? Below follows an example (Son has a REF for his Father and a
get_name method) in oracle. Then, how can I do a similar example in
Postgresql 8.3X? (Just a code example help me! You don't need explain the
example.)

Thanks in advances,

Robson.

CREATE TYPE tp_father AS OBJECT (
name varchar2(60));

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE BODY tp_father AS
MEMBER FUNCTION get_name RETURN varchar2 IS
BEGIN
RETURN name;
END;
END;