Re: pgAdmin3 on Mac

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Adam H(dot)Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 on Mac
Date: 2004-09-21 15:08:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I don't object putting resources somewhere else. For release, we don't
need them either.
Language files to be relocated too?

Now, when I startup I see the attached error.
>>Shouldn't the assert message look different? In other words,
>>shouldn't this line:
>>
>>#define chkXRC(id) XRCID(#id) == id
>>
>>prevent "chkXRC(id)" from actually appearing in the assert?

Doesn't really matter, I believe.

>>In any event, I would assume that pgAdmin3 can't find the xrc
>>files, perhaps?

This assert is to check that controls named wxID_xxx correctly receive
an id as predefined. If there's a static initializer (e.g. a EVT_xxx
using XRCID("wxID_xxx") instead of the wxID_xxx directly this could
happen. Maybe under Mac there's another source, we'd have to localize
that. I'll have to look up how to catch it, tell me if we need that.

You could ignore the assert, and see if the option dialog comes up all
right. Does it close on the "abort" button? What's the value of
XRCID("wxID_CANCEL"), is it 5101 or some 6nnn?
Please locate which id is wrong, if not all.

You can also #undef EMBED_XRC to use linked-in resources. But
non-loadable resources don't seem to be the problem; if there are no
files at all, pgadmin will stop, in case of load errors it will shout.

Regards,
Andreas