Re: some questions : psql

From: "FERREIRA, William (COFRAMI)" <william(dot)ferreira(at)airbus(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: some questions : psql
Date: 2005-05-03 13:34:34
Lists: pgsql-general

sorry, i badly explain my second problem (and it make me think about an other question :) )
what i really want to say is :
i would like to declare a global variable :
DEFINE pool = 10
and use it into a function
@createMDNS.sql &pool
and my file createMDNS.sql is
create or replace package body MDXML_EXPORT
as
pool varchar2(150) := '&1';
procedure toto(.......
/
that what i wanted to explain

and my new question is :) :
i wrote a first file :
\set databaseName 'base1'
\set createMDXML '/home/toto/MDXML/execCreateMDXML.sql'
\i :createMDXML
and in my second file, i need the name af the database but if i wrote this :
SET search_path TO :databaseName;
it doesn't work....

regards