Re: subtransaction assert failure

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: subtransaction assert failure
Date: 2004-09-16 14:57:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2004, at 8:48 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> I am also seeing regular "make check" failures on my test buildfarm
>> system (FC1, 2.4.22 kernel, cassert turned on):
>

> Mmm :) buildfarm! I like the sound of that! Let us know how it goes, eh?

As you saw, the actual running of tests and upload of results is
functional. It's designed as a distributed farm, somewhat along the
lines of what Samba uses.

In a few days when I have the registration and display pieces done I
will be calling for a handful of volunteers to help me test it.

Farm members will need internet access to pull from CVS and to push test
results, plus Perl with the LWP, HTTP::Request::Common, MIME::Base64,
Digest::SHA1 and File::Find modules (most of these come with a base Perl
install these days). The whole thing runs from cron - no user action
required. Configuration for a farm member would be trivial.

cheers

andrew