Re: Corrupted Data?

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Chester Kustarz <chester(at)arbor(dot)net>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Corrupted Data?
Date: 2004-09-15 02:01:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Huh, sorry, the directions only created the first block of the file, but
> you needed the 17th ...
>
> dd if=/dev/zero bs=8k count=17 of=/path/to/data/pg_clog/0E3D
>
> I may be subject of a fencepost problem here, so if it doesn't work try
> with 18.

I don't know if we are making progress but I am getting a different
error now :-)

I did the dd command again this time with count=18. Now when I try to
delete the tuple I get this:

dbmail2=# delete from messageblks where oid = 2916427;
ERROR: attempted to delete invisible tuple

The Postmaster log has this to say:

ERROR: XX000: attempted to delete invisible tuple
LOCATION: heap_delete, heapam.c:1258

Thanks again for the help.

Matthew