Re: was your posting --> news letter

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: Jonathan Gardner <jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: was your posting --> news letter
Date: 2004-09-11 01:34:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you sooner Jonathan.

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

>Anyway, I'd be willing to contribute from time to time with newbie to
>intermediate tips. Here are some ideas I could spend an hour or two to draft
>and then we can bounce back and forth and edit.
>
>* Using triggers in PostgreSQL
>* Writing procedures in PL/PgSQL
>* Getting to know libpq
>* Using PostgreSQL as your primary production database for a small company
>(1-2 tech people)

Yes, I agree these examples you mention are the kind of how to's that we
can develop. One way of organizing this "newsletter" would be to create
a set series of columns like how to's and faq's.

>But I think the idea of aggregating or cross-linking would be good. A lot of
>linux sites do so (newsforge.com, slashdot.org, lwn.net, and linuxjournal.com
>for example.)

There are postgres related information all over the place. It's just a
matter of making the newsletter friendly and easy to read with
references to all these other great sites too
.