Failed assertion, CVS head

From: Grant Finnemore <grantf(at)guruhut(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Failed assertion, CVS head
Date: 2004-09-10 08:18:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am using a version of PostgreSQL compiled from a CVS update of yesterday,
and compiled with
make clean all
make install

One client connection to the database doing routine and low volume population
scripts (using schemas) After several normal runs of the population script, a
run caused the following trap, and an associated backend halt.

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(((ntp)->t_data)->t_infomask & 0x0010)", File:
"catcache.c", Line: 1728)

I know this is not a lot of data for a determination of cause, but I have only
had a single instance of this happening, and thought it should at least be
documented.

Regards,
Grant