Migrating from MaxDB to postgresql

From: John <no(at)email(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migrating from MaxDB to postgresql
Date: 2004-09-09 08:13:26
Lists: pgsql-general

As per subject, i'm considering migrating a database (still in
development) from MaxDB to postgresql. The main reason for this is that
the stored procedures (functions) in MaxDB are unreliable and hard to
debug, and that the JDBC driver is still experimental.

I thought I'd post here to find out how well functions and JDBC are
supported in postgresql.

If anyone has info or experience on these two things, I'd be interested
to see what your opinion is.

John