LinuxWorld London - PostgreSQL blurb

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LinuxWorld London - PostgreSQL blurb
Date: 2004-09-08 15:31:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

We need a logo and some blurb (200 words). I'm looking for some
feedback, bearing in mind I really should get this back to uklinux.net
tomorrow.

Logo
http://www.pgsql.com/graphics/Empowered_logos/elephant.pdf

Blurb (currently 186 words)
PostgreSQL - the most advanced open source database in the world.

With its long reputation for reliability, stability and ability to
handle a large workload, PostgreSQL has already gained acceptance with
database professionals around the world.

The impending 8.0 release will offer a host of new features and
enhancements:
Savepoints, allowing specific parts of a transaction to be aborted
without affecting the whole transaction.
Native windows support, providing dramatically improved performance
over the previous emulation layer.
Point-in-time recovery, providing data recovery from bare-metal to the
point of failure or a specific point in time.
Tablespaces, allowing more flexible use of disk resources.
Improved memory and disk I/O subsystems, yielding more predictable loads
and substantially better performance during peak usage.
Slony - a new replication system, that can even replicate between
different versions!
New and improved procedural languages – PL/Perl, PL/PHP, PL/Java
Npgsql – the new .Net provider

Thanks to all those companies who have sponsored development of version
8, including Fujitsu, Afilias, RedHat, Command Prompt and SRA.

Come to our stand at the .Org village or check out our website at
http://www.postgresql.org/

Feedback, comments anyone? The expo website is at
http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.uk/
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd