postgres 8 plperl

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org, cygwin <cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com>
Subject: postgres 8 plperl
Date: 2004-09-04 18:11:21
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Just a short notice that I successfully created the new
postgresql-8.0.0beta2 (full debugging) with plperl,
and this still fails with the same plperl problem as the older versions.
postmaster crashes on executing a plperl function.
All other regression tests pass ok.

But the overall performance is MUCH better than with the 7.4.x series.
The automatic test at initdb gets you max_connections=100.
Before 5 were recommended for the testsuite.

As soon as the plperl problems are fixed I will provide a test package.
(taking over from Jason)
My current patchset is at
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/cygwin/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.0beta2-1/
--