Re: Sugestion

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Julinho <cesar(at)guiasistemas(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sugestion
Date: 2004-09-02 08:25:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Julinho wrote:
> I would like to sugest a control panel ou icontray interface to postgre
> like service manager in MSSQL (icontray) or the Firebird Server manager
> (control panel).
> It would be very nice to control de service!

I never understood what that tray icon should be good for (beyond
filling up the tray with colourful useless stuff). Usually a server
process is started when the machine starts, and stopped when switched off.
To control the pgsql service, you can do this in pgAdmin III, in
addition to the usual services applet.

Regards,
Andreas