Re: casting BOOL to somthng

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: casting BOOL to somthng
Date: 2004-09-01 10:25:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

sad wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 10:38, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

>>>then why do you print its value on a screen ?!
>>
>>Perhaps because if you don't print *something* you can't see it?
>

> since you printed it you poke a convention (of casting to string)
>
> if you can print it on screen why not to print it in string?

Simply for the sake of being able to recognize the value. If it doesn't
have some value printed, how do you know what the value is? Although
your example would work (from a previous post), I don't see a real world
use for such an effort.

There are work arounds that are quite simple.

--
Until later, Geoffrey Registered Linux User #108567
AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995