Re: cursor disappears

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Martin Sarsale <martin(at)emepe3(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: cursor disappears
Date: 2004-08-31 20:26:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Martin Sarsale wrote:
> Dear all:
> Im using pgadmin3 1.0.2-6 (debian unstable) and I found a really anoying
> bug: when Im editing a text field move to another workspace and move
> back to the ws where pgadmin is, the cursor disappear.
> Then, when I move to a random ws and go back there with pgadmin, the
> cursor appears again.
>
> Is this a known bug?

yes and a fixed one (at least in CVS) :)

Quoted from http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/support.php :
AP 2004-07-11 [gtk] cursor problem with wxSTC (disappears every second
focus change)

However, we recently had problem building current 1.1.0 version of
pgAdmin III under Debian : wxWidgets is not buildable with gcc 3.3.x and
the code needed to be patched to be compliant with gcc 3.4.x.
All these issues are solved and I'm currently reviewing the packages I
provide for the daily snapshots to reflect what I do for the current
1.0.2 in debian...

So, wait a little and you'll be able to download a package of current
dev version.

@Andreas: can you summarize what was done to solve this particular
cursor issue ? Was it a wxWidgets issue or a pgAdmin3 one ? Do you think
I could easily backport this to current 1.0.2 if not already done ?

I'll drop a line when new packages are ready.

Regards,
Raphaël