Re: Hebrew support -- please help !

From: John Sidney-Woollett <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>
To: Elie Nacache <elie_nacache(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Guy Naor <guy_naor(at)speakeasy(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hebrew support -- please help !
Date: 2004-08-31 16:23:23
Lists: pgsql-general

> Now I got the right information from the DB in Hebrew and french.
> Still can't save value in Hebrew from client (browser) to server and
> in french if I save 'été' in a column varchar(3) I got a range over
> exception.
>
> What happen here ! something else to config ?

This is a Tomcat question...

When processing forms set the encoding of the form element using the
following attribute (in addition to all that you are doing):

enctype= "text/plain;charset=UTF-8"

eg <form action="blah" ... enctype= "text/plain;charset=UTF-8">

Also add a hidden field with special/accented characters in all your
forms. Query the parameter value (of the hidden field) in your
servlet/filter/jsp to see what you actually got. It could be that the
browser didn't respect your encoding, and you don't get back what you
put there in the first place!

Hope that helps.

John Sidney-Woollett