Re: Hebrew support -- please help !

From: Elie Nacache <elie_nacache(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Guy Naor <guy_naor(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hebrew support -- please help !
Date: 2004-08-31 15:54:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Guy,

> Are you sure your client side display and fonts are set correctly?

Yes, I can display Hebrew font.

> Can you look at the ASCII codes you get back from Postgres to make sure they are not the correct Hebrew characters.

I use pgAdmin3 on W2K to insert row in Hebrew and can see the right character.

My /etc/sysconfig/i18n file:
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="fr_FR.UTF-8:fr_FR:fr:en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

Now I tried this configuration:
* DB in UNICODE, 'set client_encoding to UNICODE'
* Apache 2.0 + mod_jk2: don't see any encoding
* Tomcat 5: javaEncoding to UTF8 (default value)
* In each JSP:
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8" language="java"%>

Now I got the right information from the DB in Hebrew and french.
Still can't save value in Hebrew from client (browser) to server and in french if I save 't' in a column varchar(3) I got a range over exception.

What happen here ! something else to config ?

Elie