pgAdmin III issue - quotes in table names

From: George Moudry <gmoudry(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin III issue - quotes in table names
Date: 2004-08-31 05:09:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

I just downloaded postgres8.0 beta1 for windows.
When I create a table called Table1 using the GUI designer (right click
on Tables, choose 'New Table'),
the admin tool seems to change the name I entered to put quote marks
around it - "Table1".
Subsequent attempts to select or insert values will result in this error:
ERROR: relation "table1" does not exist

I believe that there might be 2 bugs here:
1) table creation - if there are no spaces, quotes should not be added.
2) treeview showing system objects - should display table name as it
really is, ie. with quotes.

Thanks for postgres8!
Regards,
George Moudry