Re: Regression test failures

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regression test failures
Date: 2004-08-28 06:47:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>I am still seeing random regression test failures on my SMP BSD/OS
>>machine. It basically happens when doing 'gmake check'.
>

>>I have tried running repeated tests and can't get it to reproduce, but
>>when checking patches it has happened perhaps once a week for the past
>>six weeks. It happens once and then doesn't happen again.
>

>>I will keep investigating. I reported this perhaps three weeks ago.
>

> Do these failures look anything like this?
>
> --- 78,86 ----
> DROP TABLE foo;
> CREATE TABLE bar (a int);
> ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT one;
> ! WARNING: AbortSubTransaction while in ABORT state
> ! ERROR: relation 555088 deleted while still in use
> ! server closed the connection unexpectedly
> ! This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> ! before or while processing the request.
> ! connection to server was lost
>
> I got this once this morning and have been unable to reproduce it.
> The OID referenced in the message seemed to correspond to the relation
> "bar", created just above the point of error.

Just for the record I had strange errors too on beta1 - when playing
with creating/deleting/altering tables and savepoints(not sure if that
is related anyhow).
I had it once two times in a row, but when I tried to build a testcase
to report this issue I couldn't reproduce it again :-(

iirc the error I got was something along the line of:

ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 17231

Stefan